Hundreds of people saw Stephen Hawking off at his funeral last week. The celebrated scientist left the whole world in mourning when he passed away on 14 March 2018.
On his most popular work, the book A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to the Black Holes, Stephen Hawking wrote in non-technical terms about the structure, origin, development and eventual fate of the universe, making the information accessible to non-specialist readers with no prior knowledge of scientific theories. Dubbed by many as the greatest physicist of our generation, Stephen Hawking’s legacy will forever change our way of understanding time, space, gravity, the Universe, and most importantly, ourselves.
On this article, I would like to share some of his quotes that are intriguing and mind-boggling just as they are inspirational.
- Theoretical physics is one of the few fields in which being disabled is no handicap – it is all in the mind.
- There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
- We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet.
- My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you just don’t give up.
- I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
- We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
- It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t home to the people you love.