Today, 23 April, is celebrated internationally as World Book and Copyright Day. What is your favourite book?
I am going to share proverbs from various places that are related to the importance of reading a book.
- “A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.” – Arabian Proverb.
- “See to it that you have many books and many friends — but be sure they are good ones.” – Spanish Proverb.
- “Reading books removes sorrows from the heart.” – Moroccan Proverb.
- “A good book praises itself.” – German Proverb.
- “Unread books make hollow minds.” – Chinese Proverb.
- “Beware of a man of one book.” – English Proverb.
- “Whoever writes a book should be ready to accept criticism.” – Iraqi Proverb.
- “A donkey that carries a lot of books is not necessarily learned.” – Danish Proverb.
- “A book is a good friend when it lays bare the errors of the past.” – Indian Proverb.
- “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” – English Proverb.
- #IOTW: Idioms with ‘Books’
- #IOTW: Idioms Related to Books and Reading
- #EngTrivia: English Language Philosophical Books
- #EngQuote: Quotes from Books to Read Before You Die
- #EngTips: How to Enlarge Vocabulary and Reading Skill