Hi, Fellass… how are you doing this week? I hope you’ve been doing well. I also want to wish Happy Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate it. Well, In this occation I would like to share some African proverbs that tell about life.
1) “Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet,” Meaning: you can’t be involve into a situation without thinking about it first.
2) “Sugarcane is sweetest at its joint.”
Meaning: the best things of our life may be hard to be achieved, but in the end, it is worth it.
3) “Life is like a mist or a shadow; it quickly passes by.”
Meaning: it has a similar meaning to “Life is too short, and you only live it once.”
4) “The Rain does not fall on one roof.”
Meaning: everyone will certainly have problems and challenges she/he should face.
5) “It takes a whole village to raise a child.”
Meaning: someone’s characters, manners, and behaviour are affected by his/her interaction with the society.
6) “He who does not know one thing knows another.”
Meaning: the one who doesn’t know about something doesn’t mean he/she knows nothing
7) “Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.”
Meaning: don’t focis on your failures/mistakes, but the reason behind it. Otherwise, you may repeat the same mistake again.