Hi Fellas! How’s your long weekend? Did you experience something great?
In this evening I want to share some idioms that are related to bird. You might be familiar with some of them.
1. A home bird. Meaning: somebody who love to spend the time at home.
Example: “She won;t go anywhere durin gthe weekend. She’s a home bird.”
2. Bird’s eye view. Meaning: a broad perspective.
Example: “You should see this problem with bird’s eye view.”
3. Fox in the henhouse. Meaning: a trouble maker.
Example: “Randy is such a fox in the henhouse sometimes.”
4. Flew the coop. Meaning: escape.
Example: “The thief had flew the coop.”
5. Sick as parrot. Meaning: very dissapointed.
Example: “He was sick as parrot because he didn’t win the competition.”
6. Eagle eyed. Meaning: having a sharp vision.
Example: “He knows the mistakes in the articles, even the smallest ones. He’s eagle eyed an editor.”
7. A little bird told me. Meaning: someone doesn’t wish to expose the informan.
Example: “A little bird told me that you are going to be promoted.”