This is such a time to be alive, fellas. Not only are we in a middle of a global pandemic and climate crisis, many people are struggling to make ends meet (to survive). Sometimes, it’s okay to take a break and sort out the emotions you are feeling.
Crying is one of some healthy ways to cope with stressful situations. However, it’s sometimes underrated because someone who cries is perceived as fragile or weak, whereas we know that expressing our emotions in a healthy way is actually a sign of strength.
On this article are going to discuss several words we can use as an alternative of ‘to cry.’
1. To sob (terisak) = To shed tears audibly or sometimes noisily.
2. To weep/to shed tears (meneteskan air mata) = Usually used to describe someone who sheds tears quietly.
3. To wail (menangis sambil berteriak) = A cry caused by a deep pain, grief, and anger.
4. To bawl (menangis keras dan lama) = Typically more dramatic, more noisy, and lasting longer than sobbing.
5. To snivel (menangis pelan) = To cry and sniff in a feeble way.
6. To blubber (menangis tak terkendali) = To sob noisily and uncontrollably.
7. To squall (menangis keras, biasanya dilakukan bayi atau anak-anak) = Of a baby or a small child to cry noisily and continuously.
I hope you find this article useful. Having feelings or emotions is not wrong, fellas, and we could learn to handle them in a healthy way, as not to overwhelm us and the people around us. Stay safe and healthy!