Hello fellas, how are you today? Today, we will discuss idioms that start with “by”.
1. By heart mean: from memory
E.g: “You know their names by heart”.
2. By hand mean: not by machine
E.g: “All these fancy soap are made by hand”.
3. By chance mean: without planning
: “Suddenly, I meet Rebecca on the street by chance”.
4. By mistake Mean: not on
E.g: ” Sorry, I call you by mistake”.
5. By the book
mean: follows the rules E.g:” If you want to succeed, you have to work by the book”.
6. By and large mean: On the whole in general
: ” The weather today are sunny and rainy by and large”.
7. By leaps and bounds mean: tremendously a lot
E.g: “If somebody want to improve, must be by leaps and bounds”.
8. By word of mouth mean: through people talking each other.
E.g:” I know that it is delicious ice cream by word of mouth”.
That’s all for today fellas, see you tomorrow!!