Hello, fellas. This session is still related to when we should use articles or not.
1) The does not precede titled names.
I saw Mr. Jones.
Doctor Charles graduated in 2004.
President Obama spent his childhood in Indonesia.
2) The does not come before the names of continents.
There are many great football players in Europe.
Africa is often hit by starvation.
3) The names of most countries are not preceded by the.
Germany produces several prominent scientists.
Massive floods took place in China.
4) The comes before the names of only a few countries, such as the United States, the Netherlands, the Philippines, the Czech Republic, the United Arab Emirates, the Dominican Republic.
Donald Trump is the President of the United States.
Euro 1988 was won by the Netherlands.
5) The is not used with the names of cities.
Kuala Lumpur was the capital city of Malaysia.
There are many football clubs in London.
6) The is used with the names of rivers, oceans, and seas.
The Nile River is in Africa.
The Indian Ocean is known for its wave.
7) The does not precede the names of lakes.
Samosir lies in the middle of Lake Toba.
8) The comes before the names of mountain ranges.
Many tourists visited the Alps.
9) The is not used with the names of individual mountains.
They climbed Mount Merapi.
Betty Schrampfer Azar, Fundamentals of English Grammar: Third Edition