Today we will learn about other ways to say ‘difficult’.
Do you know some synonyms of ‘difficult’?
- Arduous: hard to accomplish or achieve; needing a lot of effort and energy.
E.g. “She took the arduous task and devote her heart and soul to it.”
- Toilsome: involving hard or difficult work, or great effort.
E.g. “Housework after a long journey is toilsome.”
- Strenuous: something that takes a lot of effort, work or energy to do.
E.g. “The doctor advised my brother to avoid strenuous exercise.”
- Operose: involving or displaying much industry or effort.
E.g. “The expanding process of my company is too slow and operose.”
- Grueling: extremely tiring and demanding.
E.g. “The freshmen were put through a week of grueling endurance tests.”
- Laboriuos: requiring considerable effort and time (especislly of a task, process, or journey).
E.g. “Collecting the experiment materials is a long and laborious task.”