Do you know other ways to say ‘like’?
Today we will learn about other words to say ‘like’.
- Relish: to like or enjoy something.
E.g. “I relish the challenge of doing jobs that others turn down.”
- Keen: to be eager, excited or interested in something.
E.g. “She’s very keen to learn about Japanese culture.”
- Fond: having an affection or liking for.
E.g. “My family are all fond of going to the cinema.”
- Applaud: show strong approval of (a person or action).
E.g. “We applaud the family’s decision to remain silent over the issue.”
- Esteem: respect and admiration, typically for a person.
E.g. “I esteem your uncle for his kindness.”
- Fancy: to like or want something.
E.g. “Do you fancy going out for lunch at the restaurant?”