Do you know other words to describe tiredness?
Today we will learn other ways to say ‘tired’.
- Debilitated: in severely weakened state.
E.g. “He is debilitated after the treatment.”
- Weary: feeling extremely tired, especially as a result of excessive exertion.
Note: ‘Exertion’ is the physical or perceived use of energy.
E.g. “They felt weary after all the hard work.”
- Jaded: exhausted; losing interest because you have experienced something too many times.
E.g. “You look jaded, you need a holiday.”
- Sapped: gradually weaken; exhausted of all your reserve energy.
E.g. “Loss of bloods has sapped his movements.”
- Enervated: feel drained of energy or vitality.
E.g. “If you feel enervated by the heat, let’s go swimming.”
- Prostrate: completely overcome and lacking vitality, will, or power to rise.
E.g. “She was prostrate with grief after her son’s death.”