Hello, fellas! What are you doing? Do you know that there are some other words to express ‘little?’
- Tiny (adj): extremely small
- E.g.: “The glass shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.”
- Teeny (adj): informal expression of tiny.
- E.g.: “Just a teeny slice of cake for me, please.”
- Diminutive (adj): notably small
- E.g.: “Ant-man is such a diminutive figure, less than two feet tall.”
- Microscopic (adj): very small and only able to be seen with a microscope.
- E.g.: “He photographed every aspect of the object in microscopic detail.”
- Petite (adj): small in size
- E.g.: “She was small and petite with long blonde hair.”
- Slight (adj): small in amount
- E.g.: “There’s a slight chance of rain.”
- Wee (adj): small, little (informal word use by mainly Scottish people)
- E.g.: “The wizard reached out, caught the wee creature in his hand”
- Minuscule (adj): rather less, rather small.
- E.g.: “The new chemical substance is harmless in such minuscule amounts.”
That’s all for today, fellas! See you on another session!