Today we will learn about adverbs of frequency.
Adverbs of frequency describe how frequent something occurs or things happen.
Here’s the list of adverbs of frequency from the most frequent to the less frequent.
1. Always: at all times.
E.g. “She always eats breakfast every morning.”
2. Usually: refers to what normally happens.
E.g. “There’s usually a lot of traffic at this time of day.”
3. Often: many times.
E.g. “How often should I take this medicine?”
4. Sometimes: at times, now and then.
E.g. “Sometimes words hurt more than swords.”
5. Occasionally: at infrequent or irregular intervals.
E.g. “She watches the kids for us occasionally.”
6. Seldom: not often, rarely.
E.g. “He seldom writes to us.”
7. Ever: at any time.
E.g. “Nobody has ever solved this problem.”
8. Never: at no time in the past and future.
E.g. “Never trust another what you can do yourself.”