Today we will continue last week’s session about the list of phobias.
You can follow this link for last week’s session https://englishtips4u.com/2017/04/02/engvocab-suffix-phobia-3/
Here we go:
- Sesquipedalophobia: fear of long words
E.g. Irene has sesquipedalophobia so she rarely reads.
- Bibliophobia: fear of books
E.g. Jenny doesn’t go to library because she suffers from bibliophobia.
- Peladophobia: fear of bald people
E.g. Lisa doesn’t watch x-man because she has peladophobia.
- Alliumphobia: fear of garlic
E.g. My mom never cooks because she has alliumphobia.
- Eisotrophobia: fear if mirrors or looking in a mirror
E.g. My sister has been with eisotrophobia so her room has no mirror.
- Chrometophobia: fear of money
E.g. My cousin has chrometophobia so he never brings cash.
- Arithmophobia: fear of numbers
E.g. Jerry suffers from arithmophobia because he has failed his Math test ten times.
- Kathisophobia: fear of sitting down
E.g. My uncle has kathisophobia so there is no chair in his house.
- Leukophobia: fear of white color
E.g. Rose has leukophobia so her room is always dark.
- Metrophobia: fear of poetry
E.g. Tasya never attends poetry class because she has metrophobia.
- Triskaidekaphobia: fear of number thirteen
E.g. All buildings skip the thirteenth floor because of triskaidekaphobia.
- Somniphobia: fear of sleep