Today we will learn about the list of phobias.
The suffix is used to specify some kind of fear to something.
Phobia is usually translated as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to a particular thing or subject.
The complete opposite is called a philia.
Here’s the list of phobias:
- Gamophobia: fear of marriage
E.g. Sally stays single until now because of gamophobia.
- Cacophobia: fear of ugliness
E.g. Nikita wears make up because of cacophobia.
- Anuptaphobia: fear of staying single
E.g. Tim always goes to club because of anuptaphobia.
- Novercaphobia: fear of step mother
E.g. Daisy moves out of her home because of novercapobia.
- Pentheraphobia: fear of mother-in-law
E.g. Yenny has pentheraphobia so she lives apart from her mother-in-law.
- Deipnophobia: fear of dining or dinner conversation
E.g. The beast has deipnophobia so he always eats dinner alone.
- Ichthyophobia: fear of fish
E.g. Cath has ichthyophobia so she never goes fishing with her parents.
- Mnemophobia: fear of memories
E.g. Jim never goes back to the house because of mnemophobia.
- Neophobia: fear of anything new
E.g. William never goes to mall because of neophobia.
- Octophobia: fear of the number 8
E.g. Phill chose the lower ground apartment because of octophobia.
- Ommetaphobia: fear of eyes
E.g. Lynn always eats fillet fish because of ommetaphobia.
- Sitophobia: fear of food
E.g. My mother has sitophobia so she never cooks.
- Trichopathophobia: fear of hair
E.g. Harris has trichopathophobia so he never goes to salon.
- Xanthophobia: fear of the color yellow or the word yellow
E.g. My brother has xanthophobia so he hides his crayons.
- Papyrophobia: fear of paper
E.g. Mike has papyrophobia so he always brings his laptop everywhere.