Here are seven idioms to get you in the mood, fellas!
1. a heart-throb: a good looking man; usually someone famous who is attractive to many women.
Example: You gotta admit it, Justin is such a heart-throb.
2. Lovelorn: to be sad because of an unrequited love.
Example: Valentine’s Day is not a good day for people who are lovelorn.
- Wear one’s heart on sleeve: to openly express your feeling for someone that everyone can see how you are feeling.
Example: It’s so easy to heart Jen’s feeling because she wears her heart on her sleeve.
- Lovebirds: People who are clearly very much in love with each other.
Example: Look at those two lovebirds. They keep holding hands and gazing into each other eyes
Pair off: to begin a romantic or sexual relationship with someone.
Example: All my friends seem to be pairing off and getting married.
Cupboard love: to love someone in order to get something that they want.
Example: I suspected it was just cupboard love, and what she really liked about him was his fancy car.
7. Love-hate relationship: a couple who fight and argue a lot, but genuinely care for one another.
Example: Stephen had an uneasy love-hate relationship with his best friend.