Hello, fellas. Yesterday, we have shared some vocabularies about different types of walking, which you can review here. Now let’s do an #EngQuiz on those vocabularies. Choose a word inside the brackets to fill in the blank.
- They _____ around the stage as if they were some famous fashion models. (stomp/strut/shamble)
- We try not to make any sound by _____ across the room because grandpa is asleep in front of the fireplace. (tiptoeing/limping/stepping)
- The dim light inside the theater makes him trip on someone’s foot and _____ towards his seat. (tiptoe/stumble/pace)
- The siblings _____ along the street, enjoying the nice weather. (stalk/step/amble)
- Julian _____ towards the chair next to me, telling me he just fell off his bike. (stomps/marches/limps)
- It’s almost 7 am. The students who stroll begin to _____ so as to not come late to school. (stride/march/saunter)
- My little sister is pretending to be a giant. She _____ around the kitchen while making noises in a made-up deep voice. (steps/stomps/stumbles)
- He likes to _____ back and forth in the room when he’s thinking. (pace/shamble/stalk)
Here’s the recap of our #EngQuiz session on Twitter. You can scroll through it to see the correct answers.