Last week, we learned about transitive and intransitive verb, and now, we are going to do a quiz on that topic. On these 10 sentences, you are to decide whether the verbs I write in ALL CAPS are transitive or intransitive.
- The farmer didn’t GO to her ricefield this morning.
- The stars SPARKLE so bright.
- He made everybody swear to KEEP the secret.
- I DRAW a square on the paper.
- We failed to get the discount because the sale has ENDED.
- The student STOPS the bus and climbs up.
- We AGREED to meet up next week.
- I sit still and LISTEN to the sound of an approaching car.
- Catey DRAWS for a living.
- Hank ENDED the livestream five minutes ago.
Below are the tweets from our #EngQuiz session on this topic. You can scroll through them to find the answer.