Good afternoon, my dear Fellas! How are you today?
Last Friday something urgent came up and I had to postpone the session. :( But don’t worry, as an apology, you’ll get two sessions today!
Do you like coffee, Fellas? If you do, then this is the perfect session for you to enrich your vocabulary about coffee: #EngVocab Coffee!
Please do chime in anytime! I’m not an expert in coffee-ology but I love it so much I decided to make a session about it.
- Barista: You already know this. A person who makes coffee drinks as a profession. #EngVocab
- Espresso: not expresso. Strong dark coffee prepared by forcing near-boiling water under pressure to finely ground coffee beans. #EngVocab
- Americano: one or two shots of espresso with additional water. #EngVocab
- Cappuccino: 1/3 of coffee, 1/3 of milk, 1/3 of foam. Sometimes topped with chocolate powder. #EngVocab
- Crema: reddish substance that appears on top of espresso during the brewing period. #EngVocab
- Latte: Coffee with a lot (approx.: 8 oz.) of steamed milk. Flavoring may be added to form flavored lattes. #EngVocab
- Decaf/decaffeinated: Coffee without its psychoactive substance aka caffeine. (But why?) #EngVocab
- Mocha/Caffè Mocha: may refer to many kinds of coffee but basically it is chocolate caffè latte. #EngVocab
So that was it, Fellas! I hope now you know the difference between cappuccino and latte!
Don’t forget to check our website englishtips4u.com for more interesting subjects. See ya!