Do you like coffee, Fellas? If you do, then this is the perfect article for you to enrich your vocabulary about coffee! Please do chime in anytime! I’m not an expert in coffee-ology but I love it so much I decided to compose an article about it.
- Barista. Meaning: You already know this. A person who makes coffee drinks as a profession.
- Espresso. Meaning: not expresso. Strong dark coffee prepared by forcing near-boiling water under pressure to finely ground coffee beans.
- Americano. Meaning: one or two shots of espresso with additional water.
- Cappuccino. Meaning: 1/3 of coffee, 1/3 of milk, 1/3 of foam. Sometimes topped with chocolate powder.
- Crema. Meaning: reddish substance that appears on top of espresso during the brewing period.
- Latte. Meaning: Coffee with a lot (approx.: 8 oz.) of steamed milk. Flavoring may be added to form flavored lattes.
- Decaf/decaffeinated. Meaning: Coffee without its psychoactive substance aka caffeine. (But why?)
- Mocha/Caffè Mocha. Meaning: may refer to many kinds of coffee but basically it is chocolate caffè latte.
So that was it, Fellas! I hope now you know the difference between cappuccino and latte!
- #EngVocab: Physical exercise
- #EngVocab: Words to describe specific tastes and flavors
- #EngVocab: Substitutes of ‘very’
- #EngVocab: Telephone phrasal verbs
- #EngVocab: Ways to say ‘old’