Good evening, fellas! Today I am going to share some idioms related to the space. Let’s start!
- Out of this world: extraordinary
I climbed Mount Sindoro last week. Man, the view from up there were out of this world!
- Living on another planet: not realizing what is going on; having unreasonable ideas
They think they can run that kind of business with just 50 million rupiahs in their hands. It’s like they’re living in another planet.
- Living in cloud cuckoo land: believing naively that impossible things might happen
If you think the designer can finish that amount of work in three days you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.
- (Having) stars in one’s eyes: hopeful and enthusiastic about what is going to happen to you in the future
I see some of the new students enter their first ever classroom with stars in their eyes.
- Written in the stars: certain to happen, intended to be.
It’s written in the stars that he would become the king of our kingdom.
- Not rocket science: requires no extraordinary skill or intelligence
Simply plug in the power cord and push the power button. It’s not rocket science.
“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to plug in the power cord and push the power button.”
That’s all, fellas. I hope it enriches your collection of idioms!