Hi fellas,today we will learn about conjunction.
Conjunction is a word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause.
Three types of conjuction:
1. Coordinating conjunctions: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so
2. Correlative conjunctions: either..or; neither..nor; not only..but also; both..and
3. Common subordinating conjunctions: after, before, although, though, even though, as much as, as long as, as soon as, because, since, so that, in order that, if, even if, that, unless, until, whether, while
How to use common conjunctions:
1. Although / even though: it doesn’t matter or make a difference
E.g. Although / Even though I have the money, I won’t buy the shoes.
2. And: non-contrasting item(s) or idea(s); in addition; extra; plus
E.g. I enjoy tea and cookies when I eat a snack.
3. Because: the reason is …
E.g. I got wet because I forgot my umbrella.
4. But: a contrast or exception
E.g. They gamble but they don’t smoke.
5. Or: an alternative item or idea
E.g. I can’t decide if I want an apple or a banana with my yogurt.
6. For: is almost like because or since; it introduces, in a formal tone, a reason
E.g. He is gambling with his health, for he has been smoking since high school.
7. Nor: an alternative negative idea or though.
E.g. Brian did not like singing, nor did he like dancing.
8. Yet: a contrary but logical idea will follow
E.g. Shelly is a quite yet very outgoing girl.
9. So: suggest that a consequence will follow
E.g. He hate to drink milk, so he try to drink soy for breakfast.
That’s all for today fellas, i hope you understand how to use common conjunctions in daily conversation.