Heyya, fellas! How’s your day? I hope everything went well.
People from different part of the world have their own way to say things. Even though Australians speak English, like British & Americans, there are some words or slang which are unique to people from the country.
In today’s session. I’ll share some slang of the most common slang you might find in Australia. Let’s start!
1. US: Cup of coffee | AU: Cuppa
2. US: Biscuit | AU: Biccie
3. US: Breakfast | AU: Breakkie
4. US: Afternoon AU: Arvo
5. US: Umbrella | AU: Brolly
6. US: Sunglasses | AU: Sunnies
7. US: Track pants | AU: Tracky dacks
8. US: Convenience store | AU: Milk bar
9. US: Chocolate | AU: Choccie
10. US: Candy | AU: Lollies
11. US: Guy | AU: Bloke
12. US: Girl | AU: Bird
13. US: Flip flops, sandals |AU: Thongs
14. US: Lipstick | AU: Lippy
15. US: Gas station | AU: Servo
Alright! There goes 15 Australian slang you might want to know, especially if you’re planning to go to Australia.