Hello, fellas! Today, our #EngVocab session is about “Football Expression”. Ready?
- Man on! | this is usually shouted out during a match to warn someone that a player of the other team is right behind them.
- We were robbed | a phrase used to express that a defeat was unjust, possibly due to an injustice committed by somebody else.
- He’s (she’s) got a sweet left foot | referring to a player who is very skillful at kicking the ball with his / her left foot.
- He’s (she’s) got a lot of pace | a very fast player.
- Hit the woodwork | when a player fails to score a goal because the ball hits the crossbar or the post of the goal instead.
Now, you have five more expressions every time you want to comment on a football game!
Don’t forget to check https://t.co/6LFQdjVgbH and see you tomorrow.
Compiled for @EnglishTips4U on Wednesday, 6 June, 2016.