Hi guys, how are you today? Did you have a great day?
Today, I’d like to share some idioms with body parts (hand) to you. I have collected 10 idioms with ‘hand’ and their examples just for you. Here they are..
- Get out of hand = to get out of control
E.g. The long-march by the labors got out of hand, and it eventually became a massive riot.
- Change hands = for an object to be passed or sold to somebody
E.g. Rather than bequeathing all his properties to his only son, he decided to have them changed hands to his business opponents.
- Have your hands full = be completely busy
E.g. I have to apologize that I can’t help you with your homework. I’ve got my hands full already.
- Try my hands at = to experience for the first time
E.g. She has never dived before, but she is willing to try her hands at it.
- Wash your hands of = to stop being responsible
E.g. She washed his hands of the business after the company was sued by the singers for a breach of copyrights.
- Know like the back of your hand = to know a place very well
E.g. He has been in Perth for once, but he knows the city like the back of his hand.
- Hands down = obvious(ly)
E.g. Christiano Ronaldo was hands-on the best soccer player in the world.
- Tip your hand = to reveal your secret
E.g. The police tipped his hand on the name of the murderer.
- Hand on a platter = to get something easily
E.g. He is now the chief director of the institute. The job was handed to him on a platter from his mother.
- Live from hand to mouth = to have nothing to save
E.g. He comes from a poor family that live from hand to mouth.
Those are 10 idioms with hand that we have collected for you. Hope you enjoy that. See you!