Hello, fellas! How are you today? Got any good news to share? Anyway, in less than two weeks, Ramadan will come to an end. I really don’t know what to feel about that.
But I think it’s not too late to share some random facts about Ramadan from all over the world. Today I will share some random facts about Ramadhan! Feel free to chime in at any time!
- In Indonesia, the time from Fajr until Iftar is approximately 13 hours. While in the Scandinavia, it takes as long as 21 hours!
- While in Argentina and Chile, fasting only lasts for about 9 hours.
- In Saudi Arabia, Iftar is completely free in Masjid al-Haram. The government and the donors have to provide at least USD 134.000 every day! It’s about 1.8 billion in Rupiah.
- Many countries have their own special menu for iftar, but dates are universally the fast-breaking food of choice.
- Because of the difference between Hijri year and the traditional solar year, Ramadan falls earlier each year.
- Most dieticians would agree that fasting is not an effective diet plan. The slow metabolism often gives way to binge eating at night.
- In certain countries, Muslims that are caught not fasting during Ramadhan can be sentenced to time in prison!
Well, I guess that’s it for now, Fellas! See ya!
- #WOTD: Hijab
- #EngKnowledge: Ramadan
- #EngTips: What’s the English for “buka puasa”?
- #EngTips: Healthy fasting
- #WOTD: Ramadan