Heyya, fellas! How are you today? I hope the day went well. My day went really well! I met some fun people so I laughed a lot today. That’s why I want to share the feeling with you. :)
Today, I’ll share some idioms using the word “smile”.
- plastic smile | meaning: a forced, artificial smile.
- Example: Look at Leo’s plastic smile! He’s good at that!
- fortune is smiling (up)on (someone) | meaning: someone is especially lucky, fortunate, or successful.
- Example: Fortune is smiling on Jenny! After getting a promotion, she has just won a lottery!
- crack a smile | meaning: to grin; to smile.
- Example: I always love when she cracks a smile.
- wipe the smile off your face | meaning: to stop looking happy or pleased.
- Example: Berry can’t wipe the smile off his face after his kiss with Becky!
- smile on | meaning: to regard someone or something with favor or approval.
- Example: Good fortune smiled on our efforts, and our plan succeeded.
That’s the end of our session for now. Don’t forget to crack a smile before the day ends!
Compiled for @EnglishTips4U on Wednesday, 24 February, 2016