Hello, fellas! How’s your day? As good as mine, I hope! :)
Wednesday is always a hectic day, so let’s talk about something fun. We’ll give you Fun Facts about English.
- ‘E’ is the most commonly used letter in the English language.
- The longest English word that can be spelled without repeating any letters is ‘uncopyrightable’.
- The following sentence contains 7 different spellings of the sound: He believed Caesar could see people seizing the sea.
- ‘Queueing’ is the only word with five consecutive vowels (five vowels in a row).
- Due to a printing error, there was a word in the English dictionary from 1932 to 1940 which didn’t have a meaning. The word was Dord and it became known as ‘ghost word’.
That’s it for now, fellas. Remember to subscribe to our web to get immediate notification everytime a post is published.
Compiled for @EnglishTips4U on Wednesday, 27 January, 2016