Good evening, fellas! How are you doing?
Here are some idioms we can learn from Justin Bieber’s song. Let’s get started!
1. Fun and games : playing around and doing worthless things.
It’s taken from his song, Stuck In The Moment: “It’s all fun and games ’til someone gets hurt.”
I’ve had enough fun and games. Now, let’s get down to work.
2. Storybook ending: to have a happy or perfect ending, just like one in a children’s story.
It’s taken from his song, Fairytale: “I know that you want the perfect wedding. You deserve a story book ending”
It would have been storybook stuff if he had won the competition.
3. Rain on my parade : to ruin or spoil someone’s plan.
It’s taken from his latest hits, Love Yourself: “For all the time that you rain on my parade, and all the clubs you get in using my name“
I’m sorry to rain on your parade, but the ticket you’re asking is not available anymore.
4. Forever and a day: to do something eternally, or in a long period of time.
It’s taken from his song, U Smile: “I’d wait on you forever and a day, hand and foot.”
I can’t wait to read his new book. He’s been working on it forever and a day.
5. (wait on) hand and foot : to do everything for someone; a never-ending effort.
It’s also taken from U Smile: “I’d wait on you forever and a day, hand and foot.”
I don’t want you to wait on me hand and foot. I can take care of myself.