Hello, fellas! How was your day? It has been raining heavily in Jakarta for the past few days. What about your hometown?
Tonight, we’ll have #EngVocab session about words related to killing. Yeah, it’s a bit scary but let’s just see this session from learning point of view.
Let’s start, then!
- Suicide: killing oneself
- Patricide: killing one’s father
- Matricide: killing one’s mother
- Parenticide: killing one’s parent(s)
- Fratricide: killing one’s brother
- Sororicide: killing one’s sister
- Mariticide/viricide: killing one’s husband
- Uxoricide: killing one’s wife
- Filicide/prolicide: killing one’s son/daughter
- Parricide: killing a close relative
Those are the words you can use to describe a killing of one’s family member. Generally, the word can be used both for the act of killing, and the killer. Ex: an uxoricide is one who commits uxoricide.
That’s all for tonight, fellas. I hope this session is helpful to you all. Thank you for your attention. Good night and have a nice rest.