In this article, we will be sharing some commonly confused words.
- Adverse. Meaning: unfavourable, harmful.
- Averse. Meaning: strongly disliking; opposed.
- Advice. Meaning: recommendations about what to do.
- Advise. Meaning: to recommend something.
- Affect. Meaning: to change or make a difference to.
- Effect. Meaning: a result; to bring about a result.
- Aisle. Meaning: a passage between rows of seats.
- Isle. Meaning: an island.
- Altar. Meaning: a sacred table in a church.
- Alter. Meaning: to change.
- Complement. Meaning: an addition that improves something.
- Compliment. Meaning: to praise or express approval; an admiring remark.
- Ensure. Meaning: to make certain that something will happen.
- Insure. Meaning: to provide compensation if a person dies or property is damaged.
That’s all I can share for now, fellas. I hope this article could be useful for you!
- #EngTrivia: Commonly confused words
- #EngQuiz: Commonly misspelled words
- #EngTrivia: Commonly mispronounced words
- #EngQuiz: Commonly mispronounced words
- #EngVocab: Commonly used foreign phrases and words in English