Hello, fellas! How was your fasting?
Tonight, we’ll have 2nd #IOTW session about body parts. For those who missed the previous session, you can find it here.
- in over one’s head= taking on a task that you can’t handle
Ex: He was in over his head doing the group task alone.
- keep an eye on= take care of, watch in order to protect
Ex: There are new security cameras to keep an eye on the shop’s guests.
- keep one’s chin up= try to be cheerful
Ex: Your test result is not that bad, keep your chin up, pal.
- learn by heart, know by heart= memorize
Ex: The transfer student knows all of the math equations by heart.
- let one’s hair down= relax, have fun
Ex: Exams are over, you should let your hair down.
- (one’s) lips are sealed= promise to keep a secret
Ex: I can’t tell you anything, my lips are sealed.
- makes my blood boil= makes me very angry
Ex: Those heartless corruptors make my blood boil.
- neck of the woods= nearby location or region
Ex: The new student’s house is in our neck of the woods.
- (an) old hand= an experienced person
Ex: The new math teacher is young but he’s an old hand. He’ll help us through the exam.
- over my dead body= not unless I’m dead and can’t stop you
Ex: He wanted to see my answer sheet but I told him that he’ll get it over my dead body.
That’s all I can share tonight, fellas. Don’t miss our upcoming topics!
Thank you for your attention. Have a good rest and good night!