Hello, fellas? How was your last day of the long weekend?
Tonight, we’ll have #EngGame about parts of speech. You know it, right?
Parts of speech is a word classification based on their use and function. There are noun, verb, adverb, adjective, conjunction, determiner, pronoun, and preposition.
In this #EngGame, I will give you a group of words and you need to guess what parts of speech the words belong to.
Let’s try it, fellas.
Far, near, old, young
What part of speech do the words belong to? Adjective.
Do you understand the game, fellas?
Let’s start, then.
- Go, sleep, eat, ride – verb
- In, on, at – preposition
- High, low, short, long – adjective
- Height, length, width, depth – noun
- You, they, I – pronoun
- a/an, the, some – determinier
- well, hardly, barely, rarely – adverb
- and, but, hence, therefore – conjunction
- sing, dream, prove – verb
- evidence, proof, photograph – noun
Take your time, fellas. I’ll be back with the answers in a few minutes.
I have retweeted the correct answers, fellas. This is the end of our session tonight. Thank you for your participation. Enjoy your night and have a good rest. See you tomorrow, fellas.