Hi, fellas! Here are some tips for better public speaking skill. Check it out!
1. Define the purpose of your speaking, whether you want to inform, inspire, or persuade your audience. Knowing your ultimate purpose will help you stay focused through the preparation process.
2. Start to prepare your material by doing a deep research from A-Z of things you wanna talk about. Then pick a few powerful ideas that your audience will remember. Make it as simple as possible.
3. Memorize your concept instead of all the content. Do this by creating bullet points of the content, stories, and data.
4. If you use slides, make sure that eyes are on you, not the slides.
5. Here are some tips for your slide presentation.
6. Meet and chat up with your audience in advance to warm you up and make more engagement.
7.Try to connect with your audience by being self-effacing, humorous and real.
8. Tell your own stories to make your messages more memorable.
9. Keep the audience involved by asking question. Ask them to give some examples or tell their stories.
10. Last but not least, master your speaking by practicing regularly. Because we all know that practice make perfect.
Good luck with your public speaking, fellas! :)
Compiled and written by @AnienditaR at @EnglishTips4u on April 30, 2016