I know it’s sometimes hard to get over the weekend and go back to routines, and that’s why some people aren’t fond of Mondays. I usually handle one of those days by choosing something with vibrant color to wear. It can be my shocking pink wedges or my lipstick red cardigan. Unless I had such a good weekend I cannot move on from, they usually work.
Anyway, this post is still related to items I mentioned before. We are going to discuss several words associated to fashion. How much do you know about fashion items?
1. Snapback. It is also known as flat cap or flat peak, a term for flat brim baseball cap. You can see the picture of snapback below.
2. Shades. It is another term for sunglasses.
3. Cardigan. A knitted garment that has open front, can be with or without buttons.
4. Jumper. A top, often knitted, that’s put on by pulling it over our head. Also known as ‘sweater.‘
5. Wife-beater or tank top or A-shirt or singlet. This is a sleeveless top often worn in sports as the look of the picture below.
6. Fashion victim. Somebody striving to follow the latest trend and ending up having no personal or signature style.
7. Fashion police. A person or institution which supposedly an expert in fashion, who criticize other person’s outfit or style.
8. Wedges or wedge boots or wedgies. Footwear with sole in a form of a wedge.
9. Sweats (sweatpants or sweatshirt). An exercise clothing designed to raise body temperature, usually made of thick materials.
10. Hoodie. It is a sweatshirt with a hood.
- #EngQuote: Fashion
- #EngVocab: Other meanings of ‘fashion’ that you should know
- #EngKnowledge: Dress codes
- #EngTalk: Shopping
- #UKSlang: Clothing