Hi, fellas!! How are you today?
Yesterday, some of us celebrated Valentine’s Day. How did you do it, fellas? I did something a little bit unusual. As we had sunshine, I spent the day outside and then went home in the evening.
I’d like to hear how you celebrated the Valentine’s Day. Tweet us using the hashtag #EngTalk.
@EnglishTips4U i don’t celebrate, it’s not my tradition :)
@EnglishTips4U in my religion, there’s no Valentine Day. :)
Lucas Leiva @LucasLeiva87
If you are single watch a movie lol.
In Indonesia, I think flowers, chocolate, and teddy bears are still the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts. #EngTalk
How about you, fellas? How did you celebrate your Valentine’s Day? #EngTalk
@englishtips4u I would celebrate Valentine’s day if only shoes were the mandatory gift :)))
@EnglishTips4U Though I have boyfriend, I didn’t celebrate it :)
Surely, the display of affection does not need to be shown only on Valentine’s Day. Here’s how to make every day a Valentine’s Day. #EngTalk
- Look at the person’s eyes when s/he talks and listen. Seriously, put the smartphone down for a moment, and try not to interrupt until the person is finished. It’s a small life hack that can bring huge impact to the quality of our interaction. #EngTalk
- Compliments never go out of style. Tell the person s/he looks nice, the face looks radiant, the haircut is so fresh, the outfit is so trendy, and so on. You’ll never know how much it does to make somebody’s day! #EngTalk
- Holding hands while in public. It simply shows how much we value the other person’s presence by our side. #EngTalk
- Hug or kiss. Of course it’d be perfect for someone closely related to you: mom, dad, siblings, bestie, or your boy/girlfriend. #EngTalk
- Offer helps. It’s really helpful if mom comes home after a long day at work and finds the dishes are done or the house is clean or when dad is checking his car and finds the gas tank is filled. Little things count :) #EngTalk
- Make time. Try calling an old friend you haven’t talked to in a while, or better still, pay a visit! #EngTalk
my mom is right next to me right now, I’m gonna kiss her
All right, fellas! It’s a wrap for today’s #EngTalk! May the spirit of Valentine’s Day, no matter how we celebrate it, fill our days with compassion and respect. Thank you for joining today’s session!
Visit our website, http://www.englishtips4u.com for other English-related materials. Have a good rest, fellas! Bye!!