How did you celebrate Valentine’s day this year? I did something a little unusual. As we had sunshine, I spent the day outside and then went home in the evening. I would like to hear how you celebrated your Valentine’s day.
“I don’t celebrate, it’s not my tradition :)” – @mhdafff
“In my religion, there’s no Valentine Day. :)” – iif latifah karsono @iif_93
“If you are single watch a movie lol.” – @LucasLeiva87
In Indonesia, I think flowers, chocolate, and teddy bears are still the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts. How about you? How did you celebrate your Valentine’s Day?
“I would celebrate Valentine’s day if only shoes were the mandatory gift :)))” – Kamalia Juzi @kamaliajuzi
“Though I have boyfriend, I didn’t celebrate it :)” – Amelia Purwandini @purwamel
“Watched Kunto Aji’s live performance with another single people :)) ” – Nindya @nindyak
Besides all stated above, surely, display of affection does not need to be shown only on Valentine’s Day. Here are some ways to make every day a Valentine’s Day.
- Look at the person’s eyes when s/he talks and listen.
- Seriously, put the smartphone down for a moment, and try not to interrupt until the person is finished. It’s a small life hack that can bring huge impact to the quality of our interaction.
- Compliments never go out of style.
- Tell the person you’re with that s/he looks nice, the face looks radiant, the haircut is so fresh, the outfit is so trendy, and so on. You’ll never know how much it does to make somebody’s day!
- Holding hands while in public.
- It simply shows how much we value the other person’s presence by our side.
- Hug or kiss.
- Of course it would be perfect for someone closely related to you: mom, dad, siblings, bestfriends, or your boy/girlfriend.
- Offer helps.
- It’s really helpful if mom comes home after a long day at work and finds the dishes are done or the house is clean or when dad is checking his car and finds the gas tank is filled. Little things count :)
- Make time.
- Try calling an old friend you haven’t talked to in a while, or better still, pay a visit!
All right, fellas! May the spirit of Valentine’s day, no matter how we celebrate it, fill our days with compassion and respect. Thank you for joining reading!
- #IOTW: Valentine’s idioms
- #EngKnowledge: Saint Valentine
- #EngKnowledge: Valentine’s day celebration
- #EngVocab: Other ways to say ‘Love’
- #EngVocab: Different kinds of Love