Adele just hit the world (again) with her tenth song in her newest album, 25. Do you know the song yet? Yes, correct. It’s all I ask.
I was literally having my eyes teary when I watched her great performance on Ellen. I just can’t get it enough to think how she could (and some other co-writers, including Bruno Mars) write such an emotional song. What about you? A penny for your thought on ‘All I Ask” by Adele.
Besides having ethereal voice, there are some facts about her that we have successfully gathered for you.
- Adele has won Grammy Awards 10 times.
- She is one of the most talented British artists who was appointed as a member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE).
- Adele was assessed as one of the most powerful women in the United Kingdom by BBC Radio 4.
- Adele started to climb her ladder of fame after a friend of her posted her demo on MySpace.
- She is the first woman in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have three simultaneous top 10 singles as a lead artist
- She began singing at age four.
- She started to write and compose in 2004, when she was 16.
- Born in Tottenham, north London, and raised in West Norwood, south London, Adele has a working class cockney accent that has only leavened slightly over the years.
- Sam Dixon, Adele’s bassist, said that many of her songs are based on true events and people. No wonder that every of her performances is always moving and teary.
- “Someone Like You” and “Rolling In The Deep are the songs she wrote after she broke up with a guy. Surprisingly, many of her friends were happy for the separation as they dubbed Adele acting different when she was around him.
Those are Adele’s facts that we have successfully gathered for you. Hope you enjoy that. :)
- #EngKnowledge: The story of ‘Hello’
- #EngTrivia: The development of rock and metal genre
- #EngKnowledge: Grammy Awards
- #EngQuote: Musicians
- #IOTW: Music Idioms