In this article, I will be sharing some words related to train travel. Let’s start!
- Timetable. Meaning: the schedule of arriving and departing trains.
- Platform. Meaning: a raised structure along the side of a railroad track where passengers get on and off trains at a station.
- Luggage rack. Meaning: a shelf for stowing luggage, typically overhead.
- Board. Meaning: to get on a train.
- Derail. Meaning: (of a train) to run off the rails.
- Railroad. Meaning: a track or set of tracks made of steel rails along which passenger and freight trains run.
- Level crossing. Meaning: a place where a railroad and a road, or two railroad lines, cross at the same level.
- Ticket Barrier. Meaning: a barrier through which you are allowed to pass only if you scan or insert a valid train ticket into a machine. The machine is called turnstile or baffle gate.
- #EngVocab: Air travel vocabulary (2)
- #IOTW: Idioms related to tourism, hospitality, traveling
- #EngVocab: Air travel vocabulary
- #EngVocab: Travel phrasal verbs
- #EngTips: Taking a flight for your holiday