This time, we are going to discuss some important phrases you might find in an airport.
You might find these phrases/questions important when you are planning to go abroad. Thus, mark them somewhere in case you need it someday so that you may prepare what to answer when asked.
Phrases when you check-in
- ‘Your passport and ticket, please.”
Meaning: Toling perlihatkan tiket dan paspormu.
- “Are you checking-in any bags?”
Meaning: Ada tas yang mau disimpan di bagasi pesawat?
- “Would you like a window or an aisle seat?”
Meaning: Mau duduk di samping jendela atau di samping lorong?
- “There’s an excess baggage charge of $XX.”
Meaning: Ada biaya kelebihan bagasi sebesar $XX.
- “Did you pack your bags yourself?”
Meaning: Anda mengepak tas Anda sendiri?
- “Has anyone had access to your bags in the meantime?”
Meaning: Ada yang membuka tas kamu beberapa saat lalu?
- “Do you have any liquids or sharp objects in your hand baggage?”
Meaning: Ada cairan atau benda tajam di tas jinjing/backpackmu?
Phrases in security check area.
- “Could you put any metallic objects into the tray, please?”
Meaning: Tolong letakkan semua barang berbahan metal di nampan/baki.
- “Please empty your pockets and put the contents in the tray.”
Meaning: Kosongkan kantong Anda dan letakkan isinya di baki.
- Please take your laptop out of its case.”
Meaning: Keluarkan laptop Anda dari tempat/tas/sarungnya.
That’s all. Hope they help you prepare your travel better. Bon voyage!
- #EngVocab: Air travel vocabulary (2)
- #IOTW: Idioms related to tourism, hospitality, traveling
- #EngVocab: Air travel vocabulary
- #EngVocab: Travel phrasal verbs
- #EngTips: Taking a flight for your holiday