Hi, fellas! Happy Chinese New Year! May blessings and prosperity be with you always!
I hope you had a wonderful Chinese New Year holiday. Did you get any hongbaos? The topic of this article will be on fun facts about the Chinese New Year. Are you ready?
- The 2567th Chinese Year, celebrated today, is the year of monkey, the 9th sign of 12-year cycle.
- The colour red is often seen during the celebration as it is considered auspicious and related to prosperity.
- Not less than 1/5 of the world population celebrate the Chinese New Year, and it is a public holiday in many Asian countries.
- In Indonesia Chinese New Year was not celebrated as a public holiday until 2003.
- The Chinese Year 2567 will last until 27 January 2017.
- People born in the year of monkey share the sign with Leonardo Da Vinci, Charles Dickens, Julius Caesar, and Daniel Craig.
Alright, that’s what I can share for the time being. You can check our website and find other interesting topics from past sessions. Don’t forget to drop your comments if you have any feedback!
- #EngProverb: Chinese proverbs in English
- #EngTrivia: Interesting pick up lines
- #EngQuiz: Halloween trivia
- #EngTrivia: Colors meaning
- #EngTrivia: New year’s trivia