Hi guys, Jakarta terror on 14th of January 2016 is a wake-up call for all of us, that terrorism can happen anywhere and anytime. But, fear is not the answer to fight with terrorism. If you are scared, the terrorists win! We should refuse to lose.
Bear in mind that prior to wishing to win, you need to defeat your own fear. How do we avoid fear? Simple, don’t spread the fear. Other than that, we have 9 tips for you to do after an urban terrorists attack. Here they are:
- Follow news updates from most trusted account, say @DivHumasPolri. Wait for official press release. Don’t assume.
- Peruse the information carefully. Read the article, not solely the title. Title doesn’t always represent the whole body of the article.
- Love yourself. Avoid the casualty. Never ever try to be close to the premises only for selfies. Make yourself a smaller target.
- When tweeting and retweeting a tweet, ask to yourself: “is it important?”
- Stay positive and stop blaming. Your negative comments will not help. We need to get back on we were together.
- Trust our emergency officials. They are working their best for us to provide security for you. Don’t let the terrorists separate us because of you being cynical.
- Take care of each other. Don’t be afraid. We need to hand in hand pass this terror. We’ve successfully passed Bali Bombings , Kuningan, etc. This shall pass too.
- Be cooperative and monitor your community. Should you see or hear any suspicious movement/information, call the officials.
- Stay alert. Avoid the similar crime scene. Since Jakarta attack 2016 happens mostly around the Sarinah, then avoid shopping centre.
Those are the 9 tips for things you need to do after a terrorist attack that we have successfully compiled for you.
Thank you so much for joining the session tonight! Don’t forget to check our website http://englishtips4u.com for more knowledge of English.
See you tomorrow.
Pic by: blogs.tribune.com.pk