Hi guys, how are you today? Did you have a great day? Tonight, we are going to find out more about Buckingham Palace. I have compiled 7 interesting facts about BP just for you. Enjoy!
1) John Sheffield, 3rd Earl of Mulgrave and Marquess of Normanby, was created Duke of Buckingham in 1703. He built Buckingham House for himself as a grand London home.
2) Buckingham Palace is a symbol of love from a king to his beloved queen. George III bought Buckingham House in 1761 for his wife Queen Charlotte to use as a comfortable family home. And guess what, 14 of 15 children of George III were born here.
3) John Nash (a super talented architect of England) was put by George IV to enlarge the palace into the imposing U-shaped building.
Can you guess how many rooms are there in BP?
4) Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms. These include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms.
How about doors and windows? How many are they installed in Buckingham Palace? Can you guess?
In fact, there are 5) There are 1,514 doors and 760 windows in Buckingham Palace. All windows are cleaned every six weeks to keep them clean.
6) On the site, King James I used to plant mulberries to rear silkworms. Unfortunately, the king chose the wrong kind of mulberry. So the silk production never took off in Britain. See, even the king made a mistake! LOL.
7) Buckingham Palace houses largest collections of clocks and watches in the world. In total, it is home for 350 exceptional clocks and watches. #EngKnowledge
Those are the 7 facts of Buckingham Palace that we have successfully compiled for you.
Thank you so much for joining the session tonight! Don’t forget to check our website http://englishtips4u.com for more knowledge of English.
See you tomorrow.
Pic by: www.dailymail.co.uk