We have actually talked about some words related to air travel before. In this post, we will share some more words related to air travel.
- Jet lag. Meaning: extreme tiredness after a long flight between extreme time zones.
- Hand luggage. Meaning: light bags that may be carried on board by passengers.
- Stopover. Meaning: a break for a day or two on an international flight.
- Duty free. Meaning: (of products such as cigarettes) not taxable.
- Departures board. Meaning: (of departing flights) large display in airport showing times, destinations, etc.
- Baggage claim. Meaning: a place where passengers go to find their luggage at the end of a flight.
- Immigration officer. Meaning: government official responsible for checking passengers’ passports.
- Transit. Meaning: one stopping at an airport that is not our destination.
- #EngVocab: Air travel vocabulary
- #EngVocab: Holiday vocabularies shared!
- #IOTW: Idioms related to tourism, hospitality, traveling.
- #EngVocab: Train travel vocabular
- #EngTips: Taking a flight for your holiday