During my time in college, I have read some of classic English literatures. In this post, I will share some of my favorites.
My most favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell. Written in 1948, he predicted what would happen in the future (negative utopia). My second favorite book is Animal Farm by George Orwell (1945). This book talks about the World War II in a unique way. Edgar Allan Poe’s works are also my favorite, especially The Black Cat and The Fall of The House of Usher.
There are still many books that extremely worth reading. Let me recommend some of them.
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (1719)
- Gulliver’s Travel by Jonathan Swift (1726)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (1847)
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville (1851)
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (1861)
- Huckelberry Finn by Mark Twain (1884)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1925)
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (1925)
So, from all of the books I recommend, what have you read? Or maybe you have other recommended books, fellas?
Compiled and written on Sunday, January 10, 2016
- #EngQuote: Mark Twain
- #EngTalk: Marlowe vs Shakespeare
- #EngKnowledge: Fanfiction
- #IOTW: 5 Idioms from ancient times
- #EngKnowledge: Ancient Greek philosophers