Hey hi, fellas! Tonight we’ll talk about New Year’s facts and trivia. Are you guys interested?
Just a reminder, stay tuned on our timeline cause we’ll have a giveaway quiz at the end of the session! So, let’s start the
- The first New Year was celebrated 4,000 years by the ancient Babylonians on the beginning of spring.
- Julius Caesar created the Julian calendar and established January 1 as the start of a New Year.
- It’s believed that the first people you see on the new year will define your luck during the years. So, make sure to keep your loved ones close and enemies far away on the New Year’s Eve.
- Lighting up fireworks on New Year’s Eve in some countries believed will dispell bad spirits&unpleasant memories of the past.
- The top three places to celebrate New Year’s Eve are Las Vegas, Disney World and of course, New York City.
- One of the biggest celebrations is in Sydney, Australia. More than 80,000 fireworks are set off from Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Auld Lang Syne, the traditional New Year’s song, written by Robert Burns in the 1700s, is Scottish for “old long ago.”
I guess that’s all for tonight