Good evening, fellas! How has your Saturday been? I hope it’s been fun. I spent mine in campus, it was fun yet leave my cream crackered right now. :D
In tonight session, I’d like to share some #UKSlang. Are you guys interested? Stay tuned, fellas! :D
- ABSOBLOODYLOOTELY. Meaning: to agree with someone highly in a rather enthusiastic fashion.
“Are you going to do?” “Absobloodylootely!”
- BOB’S YOUR UNCLE. Meaning: there you have it!; everything is alright.
You just have to take the first left, and Bob’s your uncle –There’s the restaurant!
- CREAM CRACKERED. Meaning: to be really tired and exhausted.
Sorry, I can’t come to your party. I’m cream crackered.
- CHOCK-A-BLOCK. Meaning: closely packed together; extremely full; crowded;
books piled chock-a-block on the narrow shelf.
- TICKETY-BOO. Meaning: as it should be; going smoothly; fine.
You don’t have to worry, everything is Tickety-boo.
- TWEE. Meaning: overly dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint.
Her bunny-themed tea set is so utterly twee.
- QUEER STREET. Meaning: a difficult situation, such as debt or bankruptcy
Stop buying unnecessary things, that’ll land you in Queer Street!
It’s a wrap for tonight. Thank you for joining me in this session. I hope it has been useful for you and…. Have a great weekend, fellas! :)