Hello, fellas! How was your weekend? Did you do any interesting activities?
Mine was superb! I went camping with my colleagues and we had so much fun! Somehow, it recharged me and made me look forward to Monday.
And now, I’d like to warm you up for Monday as well :)). We’re going to have #EngQuiz today!
You only need to choose the word that matches the description given in each number. Are you ready? #EngQuiz
- Adorn/adore – to make something or someone more beautiful or attractive. #EngQuiz
- Cause/cost – an amount that has to be paid or spent to buy or obtain something. #EngQuiz
- Fault/vault – a large room or chamber used for storage, especially an underground one. #EngQuiz
- Pry/prey – inquire too closely into a person’s private affairs. #EngQuiz
- Then/than – after that; next; afterward. #EngQuiz
- Quite/quiet – to a certain or fairly significant extent or degree. #EngQuiz
- Process/progress – forward or onward movement toward a destination. #EngQuiz
- Invincible/invisible – unseen. #EngQuiz
- Scorn/scour – to feel or express contempt or derision for. #EngQuiz
- Grudge/grunge – a subgenre of alternative rock. #EngQuiz
- Adorn. E.g.: A bright smile adorned her face once she saw her children. #EngQuiz
- Cost. E.g.: The Harry Potter books cost me half a year saving, but they were worth it. #EngQuiz
- Vault. E.g.: The bank’s high security vault was broken into this morning. #EngQuiz
- Pry. E.g.: One of many reasons why everyone avoids her is that she loves to pry into her coworker’s pay. #EngQuiz
- Then. E.g.: The ceremony will take time until 7 PM and then a lavish dinner will follow. #EngQuiz
- Quite. E.g.: The weather is quite warm and humid these days. #EngQuiz
- Progress. E.g.: She’s one of the less fortunate students in her class and yet she’s making a rapid progress. #EngQuiz
- Invisible. E.g.: The way she ignored any of my comments and suggestion in the meeting made me feel invisible. #EngQuiz
- Scorn. E.g.: The professor scorned at the fact most of his students arrived late and he cancelled the lecture. #EngQuiz
- Grunge. E.g.: Nirvana was one of the most notable grunge bands in the 90s. #EngQuiz
That’s all for today’s #EngQuiz! I saw most of you got it right. Well done, fellas!! Thank you for your participation. It was fun, was it not? For more English learning materials, always check our timeline. You can also visit our site at www.englishtips4u.com. Comments and suggestions are welcomed!!
Have a good rest, fellas, and have a great start of the week! Bye, bye!!