Good evening, fellas! How was your Saturday? Did you do anything fun today? ^^
I did some dessert testing with my sister today. We enjoyed it very much and somehow it got me inspired! So, tonight I’ll share some idioms related to something sweet…. CAKE! YAY! Are you interested, fellas? Stay tuned!
- NUTTY AS A FRUITCAKE. Meaning: being crazy or ridiculous.
You don’t have to listen to him. He’s nutty as a fruitcake.
- PIECE OF CAKE. Meaning: considering something to be very easy.
“Mathematics is a piece of cake,” said no social student ever.
- HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT. Meaning: to have or do two good things that usually impossible to have or do at the same time.
You can’t have your cake and eat it. If you want a better score, you gotta study harder.
- ICING ON THE CAKE. Meaning: an extra benefit that makes a good situation even better.
I love being an English teacher. The icing on the cake is meeting so many fun people!
- SELL LIKE HOT CAKES. Meaning: to be very successful at selling something.
The fancy new shoes were selling like hot cakes.
I guess that’s all I can share tonight. Do you know any other idiom with word cake, fellas? ^^
Anyway, thank you for joining me in this session. I hope it has been useful for you.