Fellassss! How are you? Did you have anything special today? Perhaps any of you got a new boyfie or girlfriend? LOL. Today, we are gonna have a game – a cheesy game but it’s pretty entertaining if you have a dull (membosankan) evening. This time, we will play a game on songs. What songs? Indonesian songs! But then they are translated into English.
The challenge is, you gotta guess what the titles of the songs are. There will be two clues: the singer and the year of release. Most of the lyrics translated are the refrain and the beginning. So, I’m sure some of you can guess the title of the songs. Ready? Here we go..
(1) God, please.. Only for this time
Give me strength to deep see her eyes
God, please.. Only for this time
Make the day smooth.
The day with her (Sheila on 7, 2010)
(2) Sorry, but I need to leave.
I can’t live with it.
I am not blunt as your kept women.
Thank God you revealed who he really was.
Sorry, we gotta break up. (Krisdayanti, 2007)
(3) Imagine, feel it…
If all the tables turned to you.
Imagine, feel it…
If you were in my shoes. (Maudy Ayunda, 2014)
(4) This is how it feels
For being used to the heart breaks
Do face the suffer
For being used to the hurt (The Rain, 2013)
(5) What is it for? What is love without honesty?
What is it for? What is love without deeds?
It has no meaning. (Maudy Ayunda, 2015)
(6) It has been long alone
It has been long alone that I enjoyed the emptiness
It has been long with no accompany (Kunto Aji, 2014)
(7) Be patient, darling. I will be home
Don’t you listen to the gossips
I promise that I’ll always be with you
Although I am not by your side (Repvblik, 2014)
(8) Half of my soul has gone
All were beautiful yet hurtful at the end
You left me, consciously (Anang, 2009)
(9) What is wrong with this song?
Why do I remember you again?
As I can feel..
Your heart’s trembles and steps
Where are they gonna lead me? (Sheila on 7, 2014)
Alrighty! Tetoooot. The time is up. Here are the answers. Check if you guessed them correct.
- Hari Bersamanya (Sheila on 7, 2010)
- I’m Sorry Goodbye (Krisdayanti, 2007)
- Bayangkan Rasakan (Maudy Ayunda, 2014)
- Terlatih Patah Hati (The Rain, 2013)
- Untuk Apa (Maudy Ayunda, 2015)
- Terlalu Lama Sendiri (Kunto Aji, 2014)
- Selimut Tetangga (Repvblik, 2014)
- Separuh Jiwaku Pergi (Anang, 2009)
- Lapang Dada (Sheila on 7, 2014)
Anyway, we should thank all the Indonesian musicians and artists for creating such beautiful songs. Thank youuuu!
Compiled and written by @wisznu at @EnglishTips4u on September 17, 2015