For your Saturday bitesize, and inspired by the city walk I am going to do with my class, here are some #EngVocab on places in town :)
- Old town/Old city: kota tua.
- Square: alun-alun, lapangan.
- Monument: monumen atau tugu peringatan.
- Parliament building: gedung parlemen (see “note” below).
- Palace: istana. This includes the president’s palaces as well.
- Port: pelabuhan. It can also be “harbour.”
- Market: pasar. This includes traditional market (pasar tradisional).
- National Art Gallery. galeri seni nasional.
- Museum: museum.
- Town Hall: balai kota.
- Library: perpustakaan, including local library (perpustakaan daerah).
NOTE for no. 4:
Question: do fellas think Gedung DPR, MPR, DPRD are also parliament buildings?
“Yes, I think so.” – @nurulnisautami
“No.” – @sherly_ariesta
“May be because DPR and MPR are national parliament institution.” – @nurulnisautami
“I think its house of commons.” – @sherly_ariesta
“House of Commons is the elective, lower house of the Parliament of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Canada, and various other countries in the Commonwealth of Nations.” @sherly_ariesta
So, do fellas think Gedung DPR, MPR, DPRD are also parliament buildings?
So that’s it for today fellas :) I hope you had good fun with the #EngVocab :D
- #IOTW: Idioms from name of place
- #EngVocab: Street types
- #EngVocab: London skyscrapers
- #EngVocab: Little picture story on time