Hello, fellas! Before the weekend ends, let’s begin our #GrammarTrivia session!
Today we will be talking about: “ALBEIT”.
The word is commonly used in American English.
It means ‘though’, ‘even though’ or ‘although’. But its function is more similar to ‘although it is’ or ‘although it be’.
Let’s check out some examples in the next tweets:
1. “We decided to follow his instructions, albeit reluctantly.” (Reluctantly = dengan enggan)
2. “He even gave them money before they go, albeit of a very small amount.”
3. “She takes pride in her shiny, albeit fake, brand new handbag.”
4. “The new business is finally launched. Joe is once again an entrepreneur, albeit on a much smaller scale.”
On a much smaller scale = dalam skala yang jauh lebih kecil.
5. “As long as school is still on, albeit near holiday, Anna still has to attend her classes.”
‘Albeit’ serves the role as a conjunction.