Since some of you liked the coffee related pun session last week, admin decided to do another one this week :)
This time – related to school and education :) Let’s entertain ourselves with some puns this Saturday :D
Seperti yang dijawab @mgibrann11 minggu lalu, pun adalah plesetan kata atau diketahui sebagai “play of word(s)” :)
Jika puns berikut ini ada yang tidak jelas, silahkan bertanya atau mention :) Yuk simak school/education puns berikut ini
- On the shelf there are ten MATH books, five GEOGRAPHY books, and the rest is HISTORY.
- Why did the schoolboy take a ladder to school? It was HIGH SCHOOL.
- The ROUNDEST knight at King Arthur’s round table was SIR CUMFERENCE
(SIR CUMFERENCE was from the word CIRCUMFERENCE)
- What do you call a JACKET that’s ON FIRE? A BLAZER!
(A blazer is a jacket used as the outer piece of some schools’ uniform, such in the UK – but “blaze” also means fire)
- A rule of GRAMMAR: DOUBLE NEGATIVES are a NO-NO.
(Well, it’s a joke on double negatives :) )
- To WRITE with a BROKEN PENCIL is POINTLESS.
- No matter how much you push the ENVELOPE, it’ll still be STATIONERY.
(it’s supposed to be “stationary” as it is still, and envelope is a stationery after all)
- He said I was AVERAGE – but he was just being MEAN.
(This one is pretty general, but it did use mathematical words)
- What did the TRIANGLE say to the CIRCLE? You’re so POINTLESS.
(Poor Circle.. Of course, the circle is round, it has no points like the triangle)
- I need to do my PHILOSOPHY homework but I just KANT.
(It’s supposed to be CAN’T. Immanuel KANT is a well known philosopher)
- Sometimes a PENCIL SHARPENER is needed in order to make a GOOD POINT.
- My grade in MARINE BIOLOGY is below SEA-LEVEL.
(It might have mean that the student got a grade below C, or the student did not get a good grade in general)
- A RUBBER BAND PISTOL was CONFISCATED from ALGEBRA CLASS, because it was a WEAPON OF MATH DISRUPTION.
(It comes from the phrase weapon of mass destruction – but in this case it is after all a Math Disruption :D)
- The student was an AGGRESSIVE learner – he HIT the books.
(Not literally, he is just a fast learner so he looks for the books he need straight away, what a good kid)
- MATH teachers have lots of PROBLEMS
(Well… all mathematic questions are known as “problems” :) )
So I hope today has been fun for you all and of course useful :)
“@Celliacordhitta: i had an examination about pun and other figures of speech few days ago, but i didn’t found that it could be this fun”
“@anggraenidevi: very entertaining! I love puns.” Glad you liked it :)
“@rifafam: gangerti yang ini ._. – Re: 1. On the shelf there are ten MATH books, five GEOGRAPHY books, and the rest is HISTORY.”
Ada frase bahasa Inggris “the rest is history” yang artinya “selebihnya sudah lewat”
Jadi disini, dikatakan “Di rak ini ada 10 buku Matematika, 5 buku Geografi dan selebihnya Sejarah”
Padahal yang dimaksud adalah, yang lain sudah lewat atau sudah tidak diingat lagi, sudah lupa
“@rifafam: thanks! ^^” Sama-sama, semoga sudah jelas sekarang :)